As you read our Statement of Faith keep in mind that just as there are no perfect people, there are no perfect churches. We don’t claim to have all the answers or even know all the questions, but we see God at work, powerfully forming His church out of this broken lost society. All are welcome to join us to hear God’s Word and find fellowship.
1. …God’s priority is for us to develop a love for Him, ourselves and others. (Matthew 22:34-40, John 13:34-35, Matthew 28:18-20, Luke 6:27, Ephesians 5:25)
2. …the Bible is the true Word of God, without error and our guide for life. (II Timothy 3:14-17, II Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 24:35, Luke 16:17, Hebrews 4:12)
3. …in God as Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, all one being. (Romans 8:9-11, Ephesians 3:16-19, II Corinthians 3:17)
4. …in Jesus Christ.
- …in the virgin birth of Jesus. (Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 1:26-38)
- …Jesus died for all our sins because we cannot pay the penalty ourselves. (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23, II Corinthians 5:21)
- …Jesus was buried, rose from the dead, went to heaven, and we look forward to His return. (I Corinthians 15:1-4, I John 2:1-2, Philippians 2:5-11, John 14:1-3, I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
5. …each individual must decide if they will accept God’s gift of forgiveness and eternal life by receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9)
6. …the Holy Spirit convicts, guides, lives in believers, giving them spiritual gifts and empowering them to mature spiritually. (John 16:8, 13, Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:7-12, Romans 8:9-16, Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 1:13-14)
7. …in the Church.
- …Jesus is the head of the Church. (Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:18)
- …Jesus established the Church to be made up of all those who have received Him as their Lord and Savior. (Matthew 16:16-18, Colossians 1:18, Acts 2:40-47, Ephesians 1:19-23)
- …Jesus asked the Church to remember His death and resurrection by observing believer’s baptism and communion. (Matthew 28:18-20, I Corinthians 11:23-26)
- …God calls His followers to make disciples by telling others about His gift of forgiveness and eternal life that is offered through Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 3:10, Acts 1:8, I Peter 3:15, II Corinthians 5:17-21)
8. …in marriage.
- …that God has always intended marriage to be a union between one biological man and one biological woman in a faithful and monogamous sexual relationship for life. (Genesis 2:20-24, Matthew 19:4-6, I Thessalonians 4:3-8)
- …that any sexual intimacy outside of marriage (including adultery, living together, one night stands, homosexual relations, bisexual conduct, incest, prostitution, use of pornography, etc) is wrong, sinful and goes against God’s divine plan for us. (Matthew 15:18-20, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Galatians 5:19-21, Leviticus 18:1-24)
- …because God loves each individual so much he offers redemption and restoration to all who humbly confess and forsake such sin, seeking his mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (I Corinthians 6:9-11, II Corinthians 5:17)
- …that no one should serve in ministry in Jesus’ church if they are practicing any of the inappropriate sexual behavior listed above. (I Corinthians 5:1-5, 9-12, I Timothy 3:2, Titus 1:6)
9. …God hears and answers prayers. (Matthew 5:7, John 14:12-14, James 4:2-3, I Peter 5:7)
10. …God is the only One worthy of worship. (Matthew 4:10, Exodus 20:1-6)
11. …worship is an attitude of the heart that honors God in all we do. (John 4:23-24, I Corinthians 6:19-20, I Corinthians 10:31, II Corinthians 5:15)
12. …God created angels to serve Him and His people. (Hebrews 1:14, Psalm 34:7, Psalm 91:1-2, Matthew 18:10)
13. …the devil and his demons are fallen angels and the enemy of God and all people. (Revelation 12:9, II Corinthians 4:4, Luke 8:12, Ephesians 6:10-18)
14. …hell is a real place of punishment set aside for the devil and his demons, and a natural consequence for not receiving Jesus Christ as Savior. (Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:10-15)
15. …heaven is the place where believers will spend eternity with God. (John 3:3, John 14:1-3, I John 5:11-13, Revelation 21:1-22:5)