All In … A message from your Children’s Ministry at Crossroads
Dear Beloved Families of Crossroads,
We miss you! In this time of challenge, we’re standing beside you as you seek to make sense of the world for yourselves and your children. We, as parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings and neighbors have an amazing, unprecedented opportunity to spiritually champion our families like never before, by experiencing and sharing the gospel at home with great depth and meaning!
Our CKC team is adding content to our website to assist parents in speaking Biblical comfort and truth to their kids on such subjects as courage, hope, service, stewardship, forgiveness and love. We encourage you to feed your children’s souls as you feed your own. Together we can genuinely generate a shift in the culture of spiritual parenting as described in Deuteronomy 6, so we’re All In!
“The commandments I give you today must be in your hearts. Make sure your children learn them. Talk about them when you are at home. Talk about them when you walk along the road. Speak about them when you go to bed. And speak about them when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7 NIRV
Here is a link to the topical lessons we have compiled. We will continue to add to this list:
Additionally, we have some wonderful resources for helping kids express their feelings and learn to work through their fear and anxiety, and most importantly, to emphasize that our loving God is in control.
- Helping Kids Navigate Anxiety Podcast – Sissy Goff, Director of Child and Adolescent Counseling at Daystar Counseling Ministries in Nashville, Tennessee, shares tools for leaders helping kids process anxiety.
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic – a blog post for parents on managing anxiety during any number of life disruptions.
We hope this will allow you to speak Biblical truth, comfort and conviction for your family and those neighbors and friends who might not know Jesus, but whose uncertainty with the current climate may open their ears, eyes and hearts to an eternal relationship.
We’re here for you! If we can assist or help answer questions, please contact Lori Rase.
Tips on How to Use the Resources:
- Grab your child’s favorite Bible! Don’t have one? See our recommendations below
- Links will allow you to access the videos and documents.
- Documents are numbered for ease of use.
- Some documents have titles indicating the age appropriateness for understanding the material
- Each topic will give worship music suggestions. This is a powerful way to share Jesus with your children of all ages.
Bible Resources for Families (Low Cost or Free):
Ages 2-5 years
- The Beginner’s Bible: Timeless Children’s Stories (Zondervan)
- Laugh and Learn Bible for Kids: The Gospel in 52 Five-Minute Bible Stories (Phil Vischer, Veggie Tales Creator)
- Jesus Storybook Bile: Every Story Whispers His Name (Sally Lloyd-Jones)
- The Story for Children, a Storybook Bible (Max Lucado – free resource)
- The Action Bible: God’s Redemptive Story (Action Bible Series – David C. Cook)
- NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers (Zondervan)
- Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions for Kids (Sarah Young)
- Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science (Louie Giglio)
*Kindle or online version available in addition to hard copy